Tall Tale TV Submission Agreement
By submitting a work of fiction (hereinafter referred to as the STORY) to Tall Tale TV, you (hereinafter referred to as the AUTHOR) acknowledge that you understand and agree to the following.
1. The Author grants permission to include his/her Story in Tall Tale TV, a web-based text, audio, and video publication owned by Tall Tale Narration, LLC
1(a). This use of the Story by Tall Tale TV entails the assignment of non-exclusive rights for non-commercial publication internationally worldwide in the English language. “Non-commercial” in this case means that Tall Tale TV shall never charge a consumer to view or listen to the Story. Nor shall Tall Tale TV sell the rights to a third party. The publication, in this case, means the written, audio, and video versions of the Story.
1(b). This use of the Story by Tall Tale TV may be posted on third-party platforms for non-commercial viewing/listening. These platforms may include but are not limited too, platforms such as Youtube, Podcast, Twitch, Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook.
1(c). Tall Tale TV may not post or publish the written transcript of the story except in the case that it is accompanied by the audio or video version of the same story.
1(d). Tall Tale TV may not post or publish any audio or video versions of the story that they did not create, or obtain legal permission for.
1(e). It is also understood and agreed that Tall Tale TV may use this Story only in the above-mentioned methods and that all rights not expressly granted herewithin reside exclusively with the Author.
Payments and Royalties
2. For the rights granted to Tall Tale TV above in 1(a), 1(b), and 1(c), the Author will receive no monetary payment or royalties. In lieu of payment, Tall Tale TV will include attribution and promotion (when desired) to the Author in every post or publication of the Story that Tall Tale TV posts or publishes. If this attribution or promotion is removed by a third party the Author must take the matter up with that entity. Tall Tale TV will make every reasonable effort to assure that this does not happen. Tall Tale TV will also provide the Author with copies of the audio and video formats of their story upon request.
Author’s Warranties and Indemnities.
3. The Author represents and warrants that he/she is the sole author of the Story, that the Story is original, and that no one has reserved the rights granted in this agreement. The Author also represents, to the best of his/her knowledge, that the Story does not contain any libelous material.
Changes in Text or Title.
4. The Author may approach Tall Tale TV with a request for a change in the text or title of the Story. Tall Tale TV will consider all requests of this nature but reserves the right to deny said requests.
Reversion of Rights and Withdrawal of Offer to Publish.
5. The Author may request the reversion of rights and withdrawal of the offer to publish at any time. The request shall be granted and all rights granted to Tall Tale TV in section 1 shall be returned to the Author. Any existing publications of this Story by Tall Tale TV will be removed in no more than 30 days of the request.
Law and Jurisdiction.
6. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with Colorado Law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Weld County.
Tall Tale TV’s Details.
The owner of Tall Tale TV is Tall Tale Narration, LLC
Tall Tale Narration, LLC’s address is P.O. Box 514, Mead, CO 80542.