1. Science Fiction and Fantasy. That’s what I’m looking for. This includes all forms of these genres. From Lord of the Rings to Star Wars. Indiana Jones to X-Files. As long as it has some aspect of sci-fi, fantasy or high adventure that breaks reality it should be good.
2. 6,000(ish) word limit. I know this is a little short, but the shorter I keep my videos the easier it is to keep up with the channel. I’m willing to go up to 6,200 as a hard cap. I am no longer accepting longer pieces
3. Fan Fiction is NO LONGER allowed. I regret to say that it has come to my attention that since TTTV now generates a profit and pays its authors, it is illegal for me to publish Fan Fiction. My apologies for the inconvenience.
4. Secondary Publication is fine. I do not mind if your story has been published before. Note: I do NOT require exclusive rights, just make sure you aren’t breaking any contracts by submitting it to me. In fact, if you would like I can mention the previous publication in the video.
5. No erotica. I’m okay with some suggestive content but keep in mind kids and grandparents will be watching these. I have nothing against erotica, this just isn’t the place for it. Nudity tends to be ok, and implied intercourse is allowed on a case by case basis.
6. Limit the gore. I love a good fight scene. But neither of us want your story getting flagged for graphic content, so try not to get too insanely gory. No slasher fics, please. I’m pretty lenient on this aspect, though.
7. Limit the harsher profanity. I’m completely fine with most of the lesser curse words (shit, crap, bastard, damn, hell, bitch, calling someone a dick. . .) so feel free to go wild with those. But please limit or avoid the harsher words (fuck, cunt, cock. . .) Unfortunately, many websites will flag content for too much profanity. This isn’t a NO, just a CAUTION.
8. NO discrimination. No racial slurs, hateful comments or discrimination of any sort against real people or peoples. Exceptions include fake races (aliens, elves, etc. . .) or if your main character is on the other side of said discrimination. I’m okay with stories pushing equality, but wholeheartedly against stories pushing hate. In general, I’m going to avoid topics that could be construed as social justice or sjw. People are cracking down extremely hard on this type of content and I don’t want the channel being taken down. Another thing, I refuse to use the N-word.
9. Must resemble a story. So no poetry. No experiments that have no plot. Whatever you submit has to feel like something is happening. I will accept excerpts from books but make sure something HAPPENS in the excerpt. If you send me 3,000 words of the main character going about his normal life and nothing happens to them, I’m probably going to reject it.
10. Multiple/Simultaneous Submissions are fine. You can submit as many stories as you wish, and as often as you would like! I usually try to space an author’s stories out a little bit to keep things fresh, but feel free to send them in at any time.
Keep these in mind and your chances of getting narrated on this channel will be greatly increased.
I do want to mention that right now this entire operation is run by just myself and recently an individual that was willing to help me sort through submissions. I work 44 hours a week at a regular job so this, for all intents and purposes, is a part-time labor of love for me. I’m not going to be able to publish every story I get sent. Each one takes about 3-6 hours to make and promote.
So if I do send your story back, don’t take it personally. It doesn’t mean I didn’t like it, I have to maintain a certain balance of genres and styles. If I kick it back and you’d like a more in-depth explanation of why it was rejected, feel free to ask! I’ve been the critique guy for my writing group for almost ten years, I have no problem giving my opinion and suggestions to people who want it.
Thank you so much for considering submitting to this project! You have no idea how much your support means to me.